Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Process Engineer (Plant-based position - Phoenix, AZ)Summary
The Process Engineer, position is responsible for the efficient production of high-quality snack food products in a continuous, improvement-based environment, while also creating and maintaining a safe work environment. This is to be accomplished through effective leadership, coaching and development of individuals.Your seat at the table
The Process Engineer is accountable for the efficient production of high-quality snack food products. Knowledge and experience in food manufacturing is essential to this role. Application of continuous improvement processes and leading and developing team members are also essential.
- Provide technical knowledge, direction, education, and assistance in the production and processing of high quality snack food products.
- Prepare documentation on process control for new and existing manufacturing processes or engineering procedures to achieve product specifications.
- Implement tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Commercialization of new products and processes.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials, and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Design tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency to achieve results and drive issues to closure.
Leads and Develops Team Members
What you bring to the table
- Coaches team members daily in the principles of production.
- Leads the team through an emphasis on both production and people.
- Communicates effectively with employees through both oral and written means.
- Conducts employee training to improve employees' expertise and knowledge in equipment operations, work safety procedures, and teamwork, or assigns employee training to experienced workers.
- Provides feedback to employees on individual performance standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- 3+ years of experience in food processing in a manufacturing environment with substantial focus on food manufacturing including hands on processing, troubleshooting, R&D, and training others on how to run the process
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar study preferred
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools such as Centerlines, CIL's, Defect Handling, 5S, and Quick Changeover.
- Experience with vertical form/fill/seal packaging machines with combination scales, case packaging automation, and on machine seasoning systems is preferred.
- Experience with managing multiple projects at the same time.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!