You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Seasoner Machine Operators - Fort Worth, TX$19.79/hr Night Shift - 7pm - 7am with $1.00 Shift DifferentialYour seat at the table
Dedication, Dependability, and a Willingness to learn are a must. Seasoners must possess strong organizational skills, leadership skills and the ability to interact with both management and co-workers. As a seasoner, job duties include, but are not limited to the set up and operation of industrial food equipment, following precise recipes and work procedures, monitoring and adjusting processing variables and performing product quality tests and data collection. Seasoners must also be able to react to direction from quality assurance and management personnel. Seasoners will be exposed to allergens, chemicals and extreme environmental temperatures. They will be expected to multi-task and prioritize throughout the day. Job duties also include use of hand tools.What you bring to the table
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Attendance - This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis.
- Food Manufacturing Experience - Candidates with previous Food Manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Safety Mindset - Create a safety and health workplace; make SSW a priority.
- Language Skills - Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area.
- Leadership - Must demonstrate Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations.
- Troubleshooting Skills - Must have ability to work through problems to find root causes and address issues.
- Computer Skills - Must have basic computer skills required to run production. Verifications on computer will be done routinely throughout the day.
- Attention to Detail - Must be able to follow standard work instructions.
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 85+ pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 85+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!