Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
As a Production Supervisor for Shearer's, you are responsible for leading team members in our flagship plant in Massillon, OH. You convey a professional attitude and are an advocate of safety within the facility, following and enforcing safety and good manufacturing procedures. Your leadership skills help your team to achieve all safety, training, quality, customer service, productivity, and continuous improvement objectives. You'll be working at one of the largest facilities in the Shearer's enterprise and be surrounded with resources to support you and your team. Production Supervisor Location: Millennium Plant Overnight Shift, 7PM - 7AM; 2-2-3 Schedule
We believe in a healthy work/life balance, our 2-2-3 schedule allows our Supervisors to have a 3-day weekend, every other week and eliminates the need to come in on your days off.What you'll be doing
Who you are
- Directing production and packaging on production lines to achieve a consistent and high-quality product.
- Ensuring that behaviors, practices, and the work environment support a safe workplace by enforcing safety and sanitation rules and principles.
- Supervising, training, and developing team members.
- Using metrics/data to evaluate and improve work processes.
- Identifying issues in efficiency and suggesting improvements
- Collaborate with other supervisors and cross-functional teams to coordinate operations and activities within & between departments.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- High School diploma or GED is required. BA/BS Degree in Continuous Improvement, Food Science, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- 2-5 years in a leadership role in a manufacturing facility, preferably in the food/beverage manufacturing or consumer package good industry
- Ability to work under pressure, juggling priorities to meet required deadlines.
- Enjoys troubleshooting and has sound problem-solving skills.
- Tech Savvy
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!