Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Sr. Quality & Food Safety ManagerYour seat at the table
The Sr. Quality & Food Safety Manager is responsible for leading the quality assurance, food safety, and sanitation program at a specific facility. This includes working with customers, suppliers, corporate personnel, and manufacturing staff. Responsibilities include auditing of Quality systems such as, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), the Food Safety Plan, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) for plant Quality department. Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring. This role is a senior leadership position reporting to the Plant Director.
What you bring to the table
- Manage the Quality and Food Safety function at the facility.
- Serves as SQF Practitioner and site Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- Manage programs to verify, validate the Food Safety Prerequisite programs.
- Manage the plant Food Safety Plan and sanitation associated policies and procedures.
- Serves as Food Safety Team Member.
- Monitor, support and enforce all Shearer's Foods food safety processes and procedures. This includes all AIB standards, SQF standards, and customer specific standards as identified in supporting documentation.
- Participate in weekly Food Safety Inspections.
- Ensure all quality procedures and processes are followed according to document policies.
Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in compliance.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives, aligns and coordinates objectives with Production and Corporate objectives in cooperation with the Plant Manager and other managers/supervisors to maximize food safety, product quality and minimize costs.
- Coaches QA team to become technical resources for facilitating issue resolution on the production floor.
- Develops technicians and supervisors in auditing of production team members performing quality processes.
- Designs and implements quality assurance and sanitation training programs.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints. Tracks complaint and reacts to emerging issues or trends engaging the appropriate functions and process owners (i.e. production, maintenance, PD, etc) to resolve.
- Develops and analyzes statistical quality data. Utilizes these data for troubleshooting or continuous quality improvement where appropriate.
- Coordinate and participate in mock recalls.
- Responds to customer requests and queries.
- Provides technical support to operations.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Minimum requirement of a bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Microbiology, Biology, or other science related degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall professional experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety, and Sanitation.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management position in a plant of similar
complexity and size.
- Microbiology experience strongly preferred.
- Leader of Change and Strategic Thinking.
- Broad knowledge and experience in quality and food safety management gained at
successive levels of responsibility in a plant atmosphere.
- Certifications required include Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI), SQF Practitioner or other GFSI standard, and HACCP.
- Knowledge of FDA standards and FSMA Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and
- Lead and able to demonstrate "Best in Class" behaviors with focus on food safety, quality assurance, and plant regulatory compliance.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability in using statistical process control for quality monitoring, improvement, and problem-solving.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!