Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Supply Chain ManagerYour seat at the table
- Materials management to Finished Good (FG) shipment of end-to-end supply chain.
- Management of all aspects of Materials Management at the site including Plant Production. Scheduling, Material Planning, Bulk Purchasing, Inventory Control, Inbound Receiving, Outbound Shipments (including FG Exports), Intercompany Shipments and In-house Material Control including material usage variance evaluation.
- Responsible for OTIF (on time, in full) of Finished Goods and the achievement of KPI's, including Customer. Service Levels, Stock Turn, Working Capital, Labor Costs, KPI's, and other operational/financial targets as established annually.
- Responsible for the physical warehouse and truck yard. This includes the management of the employees and equipment.
Planning and Procurement
- Responsible for the development and achievement of budgets on an annual basis through the development and implementation of a sound budget and managing variances effectively without compromising customer needs.
- Take company standards and best practices and ensure execution through their team and development metrics as needed to measure performance.
- Manage performance and development of direct reports by establishing clear and measurable objectives that stretch the individuals.
- Development of Colleagues, to ensure succession plans are achieved, behaviors are in line with corporate values and that leadership imperatives are developed.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to recruit the highest caliber talent and actively participate in creating a workplace that sustains employee morale, commitment, and retention.
- Ensures that safety is a priority of all departmental personal and processes and is in compliance with all employee and food safety regulations.
Inventory Control Quality Assurance (ICQA)
- Owns the product flow into the facility including all vendor and corporate functional communication and coordination.
- Assist with new products/projects communication and coordination for site.
- Responsible for Bulk ordering where applicable and material release & invoice approval.
- Manage inventory levels to achieve case fill rate goals at the lowest Working Capital.
- Accountable for SC KPIs DOH inventory levels of raw materials to meet financial targets.
- Collaborate with centralized planning and plant teams (quality/sanitation, maintenance, production) to meet food safety, service, equipment reliability and labor cost metrics. through ensuring optimized and efficient daily and weekly schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy, rotation and movement procedures within the entire site.
- Ensures inventory quality/accuracy programs are in place and executed per Shearer's requirements.
What you bring to the table
- Execute network standard process, including full utilization of a warehouse management system to reduce waste and develop consistent work processes and standard work for all key functions of the operation to deliver "Best in Class" on time and in full delivery performance for our customers.
- Ensure products, parts or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develop labor planning to execute load schedule safely and efficiently.
- Lead warehouse personnel on proper storage and distribution activities.
- Prepare and review distribution documents.
- Oversee the loading, unloading, movement or storage items according to delivery or routing documents.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Supply Chain, Operations or related field.
- At least 5 years experience in a warehousing/distribution management environment in an FDA regulated facility preferred, with credibility in safety, operations, and facilities management.
- Expertise in inventory control and order fulfillment quality standards and metrics (e.g. KPIs) including customer fill rates, inventory turnover, excess and short-dated inventory management, and forecast accuracy.
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers.
- Excellent skills in organization, and leadership.
- Fully competent and knowledgeable on WMS and TMS applications in a GMP manufacturing environment - inputting and identifying locations, implementation of WMS, training, daily monitoring of over-rides and manage system upgrades.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent skills in communication including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated project management and influencing skills to ensure project and KPI success.
- Possess a basic financial understanding to ensure results are delivered on time and in full.
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!