You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Inventory Control Mid shift 3pm-11pm$18.15 per hour plus $1.50 per hour shift premiumYour seat at the best snacks table:
The Team IC Coordinator is responsible for managing FG inventory, directing and coordinating FG warehouse systematic functions of their respective shift, including direct responsibility for shift associates. They will report to the Warehouse Shift Supervisor.
- Validate the labor allocation for the business need.
- Monitor the production schedule/pull list to ensure on time service of deliveries to Production and Processing departments
- Ensure quality meets our Customers standards.
- Enter data pertaining to ICS orders, MAPICS VS Red Prairie and complete reconciles
- Inventory Freshness reports
- Ensure the accuracy of all IC documents by strict adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Communicates daily with shift managers/supervisors/shipping department/packaging leads/processing leads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities between shifts and with other functions such as records control and reporting inventory levels/shorts
- Validate that all 5-S tools are in place. Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- Ensure Kaizen processes are followed. Kaizen-continuous improvement
- Don't walk by issues:
- Non-work related conversations
- Debris on the floor/ containers
- Items in the wrong containers
- Racking, overhead door, equipment damage
- Orphan pallets
- Errored locations
- Ensure PPE is being used
What you bring to the party:
- Check in with all team members
- Ensure compliance of GMP's on RAW materials
- Check for completion of PIT inspection books
- Review, investigate and complete Safety Incident Reports
- Recognize what to do in the event of an injury or incident and other duties as assigned
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with an Inventory Control and ERP software platforms (Red Prairie, MAPICS, etc.)
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Relevant experience in Inventory Control and/or logistics
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize by following and turning in daily a Leadership Standard Worksheet, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines
- Detailed, number oriented individual with experience analyzing numbers quickly and responding decisively
- Strong team player with history of partnering with shipping/receiving, packaging/processing leads, and customer service
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them
- Flexible to work various shifts including possible weekend and Holiday hours as needed to meet business needs
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word. Previous Red Prairie and/or WMS experience preferred
- Ability to train new employees and retrain when needed.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days. You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!