You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Processing Technician to join the Vertical Line Team (VLT)Mid Shift 3pm-11pm$23.20 / hour plus a $1.50 shift differentialYour seat at the best snacks table:
This position is responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements across existing and future production lines. This role will assist in monitoring, sampling, conducting tests, and assisting with the design and development of best manufacturing practices. The main goal will be ensuring safe, quality product reaches our customers while continuously improving our manufacturing lines to meet and exceed throughput expectations. The VLT Processing Technician must be able to work within a dynamic, collaborative, team environment while assisting others within and outside of the VLT group. The VLT Processing Technician is responsible for participating in Tier 1 Daily Direction Setting, along with facilitating training sessions as needed. Must be able to work off shifts and support operations as needed. This individual will report directly to the Vertical Line Supervisor. What you bring to the party:
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
- Twelve or more months of technical processing experience is a plus.
- Interpersonal, communication, and listening skills with excellent training capability
- Organizational skills; computer skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques for optimizing throughput rates on all manufacturing lines
- Basic Math skills: Ability to perform math operations using multiple units of measurements
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Ability to listen and translate ideas presented by the various manufacturing teams.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities of the processing roles
- Able to lift 80 pounds
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90 days.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!