Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Maintenance PlannerYour seat at the best snacks table:
Overview, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the planning work stream in the work management process. The Planner will work directly with the Plant Technical Team to scope and plan corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance, including the updating of corrective and preventative Job Plans with input based on feedback from the maintenance team. The planner will also be responsible to build and maintain equipment within the CMMS system and provide CMMS training and coaching to maintenance personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Planner position oversees regular job scoping, job plan creation and job close out and analysis of corrective and preventative maintenance work:
• Respond to facility work orders
• Ensures distribution of parts and materials to meet maintenance deadlines
• Inspects and monitors work areas, and examines tools and equipment
• Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts
• Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs
• Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve work processes
• Computes estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors
• Corrective, Predictive and Preventative maintenance job scoping planning and scheduling, including the estimation of labor, materials and cost of maintenance jobs.
• Work Order closeout and CMMS updating based on feedback from the maintenance team.
• Manage and Maintain the Plant CMMS as a Subject Matter Expert and Quality Assurance Officer.
• Train and Coach Maintenance team members on CMMS usage.
• Equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
• Generate reports and track metrics on Maintenance Effectiveness.
• Manage as required Maintenance projects that are not capital funded. Includes developing project scope, costing, timelines and implementation.
• Interface with project teams on new capital projects as required, update CMMS system with removed or new installations and coordinate use of maintenance resources as required.
• Fully participate in all Continuous Improvement and Safety efforts.
• Leverage TPM Tools and Early Management Processes per the plant's master plan including Planned and Predictive Maintenance.
• Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
• Understand and maintain focus on achieving the company financial goals. Continually develop and implement ideas to reduce product-manufacturing cost, without exceeding budgeted dollar amounts.
• Vendor Management: Source new vendors as required to support business needs.
• Partner with the Production and support teams to develop work order priorities that are aligned with business needs. This role is the key interface to plan the work for the technical teams.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Monitors maintenance records
• Ensures the movement of work orders from submission through scheduling
• Examines maintenance documents and monitor maintenance processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards
• Maintains high quality work order documentation and records
Performs additional related duties as assigned
Role Contribution Level
This position is an individual contributor role. The position requires the incumbent to execute tasks in a safe and efficient manner and establish a positive work environment. The position requires completing tasks within a defined period of time. The incumbent must collaborate with others, effectively manage personal time, demonstrate personal responsibility, and respect others' timeWhat you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
• 3 year's planning experience required.
• 2+ years of high level maintenance technician experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), such as Maintenance Connection
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
• Knowledge of maintenance project implementation
• Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of training and coaching individuals and groups
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people
• Strong Interpersonal, decision-making, and organizational skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
• Ability to prepare detailed repair and metrics reports
• Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
• Ability to manage team members in executing complex programs
• Ability to work a variable schedule
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Close vision
• Distance vision
• Color vision
• Peripheral vision
• Depth perception
• Ability to adjust focus
The Distribution Manager position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
• Exposure to high temperatures
• Fumes or airborne particles
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Loud noise level
• Elevated heights
• Hot surfacesWe Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!