Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Operations Manager- Bristol, Virginia
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want you!
Our Operation Managers produce results through others and help make our facilities run efficiently, supporting our teams to be their best and in producing the highest quality product. As an Operations Manager, you'll be adept at developing strategies, setting and accomplishing objectives and producing results through others. You'll be able to provide feedback, coaching and motivation to team members and manage the operations of a facility with 24/7 hours of operations.
Your seat at the table:
• Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
• Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
• Have immediate impact in your role
• Be heard and "counted at the table"
• Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
• Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
As a part of our plant leadership team, your day will include:
• Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
• Evaluating and improving work processes
• Mastering work flow that involves specialized state-of-the-art equipment
• Managing and improving productivity
• Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
What you bring to the table
• Four year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
• 7+ years of experience in production management or supervision, in the food processing industry.
• Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Effective mechanical aptitude.
• Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs.
• Ability to work a varied schedule.We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay OptionsYou will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!