Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Senior Plant Manager- Bristol, VAYou already us
Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer's brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .SENIOR PLANT MANAGER, Bristol, VAShearer's is seeking a Senior Plant Manager to lead our plant in Bristol, VA.
You will be responsible for leading this plant's manufacturing and functional operations, achieving customer satisfaction and critical business objectives and building an empowered team. You'll need previous experience providing leadership, direction, and change management, while developing and implementing your manufacturing strategy- including continuous improvement and lean/pillar methods.
You'll have honed your skills in Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Team Building and Customer Relationships. Your seat at the table
We'd be interested in talking with you if you have:
What you bring to the table
- Plant management leadership experience in a food/beverage or CPG manufacturing environment
- A track record of results in leading Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
- Built, Developed and Lead high-performing manufacturing teams
- Interfaced with customers regarding product, quality, and service requirements.
- Worked with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools (Total Production Maintenance, Centerlines, CIL's, Defect Handling, 5S, Quick Changeover)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technical or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in plant management or senior production operations management roles of increasing responsibility in food or CPG manufacturing environments.
- Has lead organizational transformation (change management) with successful results.
- Expertise in leading manufacturing operations, including production planning, safety initiatives, production scheduling, line setup and change out, production control, and production optimization.
- Expertise in manufacturing standards and metrics (e.g., KPIs) for safety, quality, production, labor and material variances, and employee relations and retention; establishes a culture of accountability through individual and team metrics.
Relocation assistance is availableWe Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.