Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Business Manager, Grocery Sales Location: Remote or Massillon, Ohio Business Manager, Grocery Sales
The Grocery Business Manager reports to the Director of Grocery Sales. You are responsible for sourcing, developing and nurturing customer relationships, direction and management of strategic grocery customers, market competitiveness and item assortment. This is a highly visible position that requires heavy interaction with customers and multiple functions within the Shearers organization. Your Seat at the Table:
What you bring to the table
- Manage day-to-day relationships with grocery customers; develop a deep understanding of customer goals and long-term business strategies.
- Guide and influence cross-functional teams within the Shearers organization to meet project objectives related to grocery sales in order to meet sales requirements and specifications.
- Collaboratively work with the grocery team and Shearer's Commercial Team (SCT) partners to profitably grow company revenue.
- Drive sales through strategic planning, customer alignment, and a proactive approach to achieve financial budgets.
- Leverage Shearer's capabilities to build and expand strategic customer partnerships.
- Facilitate, resolve and field questions from grocery customers.
- Actively listens, probes and identifies customer concerns, understands the customers' business and then translates into segment trends and/or market needs.
- Ensure efficient execution of value added solutions with regard to grocer sales.
- Effectively organize and communicate information across internal teams in a way that will motivate the organization with a clear vision of goals.
- Organize and lead customer meetings at Shearer's facilities including cross functional teams.
- Lead new product opportunities from concept to launch.
- Strategic Agility and Collaborative business planning / forecasting
- Travel required for customer meetings. Approximately 15%.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor degree required.
- Business Development experience of at least six - ten years. Experience working with manufacturing, supply chain and consumer food products is preferred.
- Outstanding track record of managing sales in fast paced high growth companies.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to resolve operational conflicts using creative and positive solutions.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Proven experience and ability to display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolutions to high impact, complex, and/or cross-functional opportunities.
- Must be able to manage projects and work-flow independently, but enjoy working with a cross-functional team to achieve success. Attention to detail and adaptability through development is critical.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.