You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Maintenance Storeroom ClerkTraining schedule: Monday - Friday | 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM (50 Days)After training: 2-2-3 Schedule (12-hour shifts)Hourly Rate: $24.00/HrYour seat at the best snacks table:
The Storeroom Clerk is responsible for the operation of the computerized maintenance management system, including administration of work orders, preventive maintenance logs, parts procurement, parts inventory and reporting processes. The Storeroom Clerk must work closely with the maintenance team to develop and maintain equipment logs, preventive maintenance schedules, job plans, spare parts listings, and vendor lists. Position is responsible for maintaining accurate records of all items maintenance storeroom stock and ensuring that all inventories are maintained at necessary levels.
Monitors and maintains maintenance parts inventory at appropriate levels
• Orders, receives, unpacks, checks, stores, and tracks merchandise specifically related to equipment/facility maintenance spare parts and supplies
• Sorts, organizes, and marks items with identifying codes
• Performs routine analysis of inventories, cycle counts, and makes adjustments as needed
• Stores materials in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in racks and may be required to lift heavy cartons of various sizes
• Communicates closely with MRO Supervisor as it relates to KPIs and financial targets
• Communicates with vendors and manufacturers on a regular basis for the procurement of goods, warranty returns, and other equipment control processes
• Provide excellent customer service. Assists with placing orders and handling outgoing shipments, answers questions and solves related problems.
• Performs some general office duties such as filing, making copies, sending faxes, answering phones, etc.
Maintains records of maintenance storeroom stock
• Utilizes personal computer and Maintenance Connection to input data regarding inventory, equipment, job plans, maintenance schedules, work orders, and other items
• Compiles reports and maintains accurate maintenance records for the department
Performs additional duties as assigned. Supports operations as needed.
Role Contribution Level
This position is an individual contributor role. The position requires the incumbent to execute tasks in a safe and efficient manner and establish a positive work environment. The position requires completing tasks within a defined period of time. The incumbent must collaborate with teammates, effectively manage personal time, demonstrate personal responsibility, and respect others' time.What you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities; Education; and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education and Work Experience
• Two-year technical degree, or high school education or GED equivalent plus 5 years of manufacturing or inventory management experience
• Forklift experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiar with CMMS, inventory tracking and tagging systems
• Interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Windows applications including Excel and Word
• Communication skills
• Listening skills
• Organizational skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to perform basic operations using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to read and comprehend written material
• Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Ability to design and implement plans
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
• Must be able to work on docks while exposed to the elements
• Close vision
• Distance vision
• Color vision
• Peripheral vision
• Depth perception
• Ability to adjust focus
The Storeroom Clerk position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
• Exposure to high temperatures
• Fumes or airborne particles
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Loud noise level
• Elevated heights
• Hot surfacesWe offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now![Maintenance]