Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Site Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
As traditional Production Planning, Material Planning, and Load Planning is moving to a central corporate planning team, the Site Supply Chain leader will ensure high levels of proactive planning and coordination between the plant, production, warehouse, and central planning. Critical areas of coordination are:
Planning & Procurement
- Coordinating all aspects of Materials Management at the site including Plant Production Scheduling, Material Planning, bulk purchasing, Inventory Control, Inbound Receiving, Outbound Shipments (including FG Exports), Intercompany Shipments and In-house Material Control including material usage variance evaluation.
- Coordinating all aspects of production planning to enable ROTIF of Finished Goods and the achievement of KPI's, including Customer Service Levels, Stock Turn, Working Capital, Labor Costs, Operational KPI's, and other operational/financial targets as established annually.
- Responsible for the physical warehouse and truck yard. This includes the management of the employees, equipment, and working with the facilities owner for our South Warehouse
- Responsible for coordinating programs and projects as it relates to the plant with central Procurement.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of departmental budgets on an annual basis
- Oversee inbound & outbound logistics
- Manage Inventory Control Quality Assurance (ICQA)
New Product Development
- Owns the product flow into the facility including all vendor and corporate functional communication and coordination
- Leads new and derivate products/projects communication and delivery for the site
- Collaborate with centralized planning and plant teams (quality/sanitation, maintenance, production) to meet food safety, service, equipment reliability and labor cost metrics through ensuring optimized and efficient daily and weekly schedules.
- Responsible for coordinating one off Bulk orders where applicable and material release & invoice approval
- Manage inventory levels to achieve case fill rate goals at the lowest Working Capital.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the business processes supporting the Planning of OTIF or ROTIF of FG to the customer requirements including proactive communication, root cause analysis
- Highlight emerging capacity issues that require action planning and/or decision-making
- Accountable for SC KPIs DOH inventory levels of FG and Raws to meet financial targets
The Site Supply Chain Manager (SCM) will also have responsibility to deliver new product launches and ingredient changes to meet business targets to include selecting from appropriate CQV success criteria listed below to ensure success of the change. Responsibilities not only include changes involving New Products and new formulations, but also leading the coordination of any trials and tests the site would conduct driven from internal plant improvement plans or Supply Chain / Commercial Requests. The SCM will attend Gate review meetings.
Your seat at the table
- Develop and deliver CQV Success Criteria working closely with the Site Facility and Engineering Leader
- Safety: Injuries during startup, standards created and implemented for LOTO, grounding, guarding, confined space, fire suppression, hoisting and rigging
- Food Safety/Quality: holds, defects, sanitation procedures, harborage, environmental monitoring, lab procedures, Infinity and MSS updated with SSOP's
- OEE, breakdowns, throughput, waste, MUV
- Startup budget
- Integrate project within SHOP systems (DDS, Centerline, CIL, PM's, spare parts, training material, OEE system)
- New Products and Capital (NPC) is one of the SHOP Pillars. The SCM will lead the NPC SHOP Pillar and work in close connection with the Enterprise pillar leader to deliver pillar success criteria and build site NPC capability.
What you bring to the table
- Be a part of the Plant Senior Leadership Team, influencing short term and long term plans
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack food
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- At least 5 years of management experience in a warehousing/distribution environment; experience in an FDA regulated facility preferred with credibility in safety, operations, & facilities management
- Expertise in inventory control & order fulfillment quality standards & metrics including customer order fill rates, inventory turnover, excess & short-dated inventory management, and forecast accuracy
- Highly assertive and self directing
- High proficiency in disciplined detailed execution, organization, and leadership
- Highly proficiency in communication across a matrix organization (verbal and written)
- Fully competent and knowledgeable on Warehouse Management Systems - inputting and identifying locations, implementation of WMS, training, daily monitoring of over-rides and manage system upgrades.
- Fully competent & knowledgeable on WMS & TMS applications in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated project management and influencing skills to ensure project and KPI success including stakeholder, timeline, & meeting management skills
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
- Possess a basic financial understanding to ensure results are delivered on time and in full
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!