Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Focus Improvement ManagerLocation: Fort Worth, Texas
The Continuous (Focus) Improvement Manager is responsible for leading Lean Manufacturing / Focus Improvement initiatives at the Fort Worth TX facility, providing direction, support, and execution at the site. The overall objective is to drive continuous improvement in Shearer's manufacturing system using company systems in conjunction with industry Best Practices. The Continuous Improvement Manager will be leading the communication and establishment of the CI culture for the Fort Worth facility.Your seat at the table
Essential Requirements You Bring to the Table
- The creation of CI site master plan; CI work processes at site-wide level (such as Kaizen, productivity cycle, RCA, etc.).
- As a Lean Six Sigma expert, facilitates/coach Kaizen activities to eliminate complex losses in fields of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials to deliver productivities targets.
- Implement Health Checks to ensure the work processes consistently and effectively, deliver business results.
- Manage automatic data collection system for the facility. Ensure data integrity and train facility on use and functionality.
- Performance metrics, TEEP and OEE loss structure. Analysis and reduction of planned and unplanned losses.
- Own Reliability Improvement Plan Work Process to improve OEE% and reduce losses. Coach/build capability in others to analyze the data/trends.
- Support other function leaders to achieve their zero loss goals.
- Facilitate internal and external benchmarking and replication activities.
- Work with facility operations and corporate leaders to drive Lean / CI initiatives.
- Maintain and communicate metrics which record successes and track progress.
- Support capital improvement and other engineering initiatives associated with continuous improvement.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- 7 - 10 years of manufacturing plant leadership experience as a Production Manager, or similar role, in a consumer product manufacturing facility.
- Significant experience with continuous improvement tools such as Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, and other such associate engagement and process improvement techniques.
- Four-year degree in engineering, operations management, or similar field.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is highly preferred.
- Applicable academic and/or professional experience in food science, engineering, or general business.
- Great analytical skills and ability to understand complex manufacturing systems.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to lead cross functional teams through influence, not just in direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule as needed to support a 24/7 operation.
- Previous manufacturing facility start up experience a plus
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.