Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Tax Manager Summary
The Corporate Tax Manager will be an integral member of a fast-paced and growth-oriented Accounting Department. Key responsibilities include oversight of the North American Direct, Indirect, and other tax processes to support the Company's continued growth.Your Seat at the Table
What You Bring to the Table:
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provisions including financial statement disclosures in accordance with accounting standards.
- Preparation of tax projections and calculation tax estimates.
- Provide income tax and apportionment data to external accounts for federal, state, local and international filings.
- Tax incentive identification and on-going compliance / reporting.
- Tax calendar management and ancillary filings including responses to tax notices.
- Responsible for preparation, accounting, and filing of indirect state, local and international returns.
- Responsible for corporate transfer pricing practices.
- Responsible for tax examination management, as applicable.
- Responsible for Tax, AMT and E&P depreciation and management of life/method.
- Assist the Accounting Department in general accounting functions.
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives within the Accounting Department.
- Be able to collaborate with all levels of management.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects, prioritize work, meet expectations, and deadlines.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Accounting degree and CPA certification are required.
- Minimum 6 years of tax accounting experience. "Big 4" tax background preferred including international tax exposure.
- Strong knowledge of tax principles and proven ability to apply in a manufacturing setting.
- Work hours will vary with daily, weekly, monthly priorities and responsibilities.
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence decision makers.
- Excel intermediate to advanced skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.