Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Corporate EHS Manager, Fire Loss Prevention
You will serve as the technical resource for fire safety, protection, and prevention across 12 manufacturing and warehouse sites. You will work with corporate and plant leaders to drive down loss associated with fires in the workplace, create and implement procedures that effectively control risk and reduce loss. This position also ensures compliance with all federal and state safety, health, and environmental requirements.
As the Champion for fire prevention, you'll work with the team to identify continuous improvement opportunities in loss prevention-- you'll lead the way by developing and executing on network wide improvement plans. As a leader, you will partner with operations and act as an independent voice to monitor performance.Your seat at the table:
What you bring to the table:
- Serve as the technical resource for fire safety, protection, and prevention.
- Provide leadership to create a culture of employee empowerment and ownership of risk reduction practices and activities.
- Perform site assessments and system evaluations
- Assist in the safety evaluation of new projects, equipment, and ventures; evaluate and recommend actions to reduce risk. Participate in process safety reviews conducted on operations.
- Support the organization and individual managers in their pursuit of meeting their safety improvement goals.
- Monitor maintenance process - ensuring that all required fire safety equipment inspections and preventative maintenance routines are completed and properly documented.
- Mentor staff and prepare educational material relating to fire protection.
- Conduct regular training with all associates as needed/required, for both compliance and to drive improvements.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Health Sciences
- Experience in the environmental, health, & safety or risk management field
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership responsibility
- Knowledge of life safety and fire codes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including the plant floor, customers and suppliers
- Experience with modern safety and environmental improvement techniques and methods
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant federal, state and local occupational environmental, health and safety laws and regulations
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Preferred: Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.