Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Packaging Supervisor Multiple ShiftsLocation: Stark Distribution Center in Massillon, Ohio
The Packing Supervisor position is responsible for the efficient production of high-quality snack food products in a continuous, improvement-based environment, while also creating and maintaining a safe work environment. This is to be accomplished through effective leadership, coaching and development of individuals, and through building team dynamics, while applying Lean, Total Productive Maintenance and other continuous improvement tools and methods.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Packaging Supervisor is accountable for the efficient production of high-quality snack food products and the delivery of performance results through effective execution in directing and monitoring of the production process; application of continuous improvement processes; and leading and developing team members:
Directs and monitors the activities of employees engaged on the production of high-quality snack food products
- Lead and directs employees involved in the packaging room.
- Focus on Packaging Changeovers and Efficiencies.
- Ensures plans are developed and executed on changeovers for priority lines.
- Reviews the schedule for the upcoming 24hrs and ensures schedules are prioritizing customer service and operational excellence.
- Escalate any packaging scheduling issues or opportunities to the Operations Manager.
- Automation Efficiency & ensuring speeds are on target.
- PMO Training and skillset development
- Verification of correct cost centers for allocation of labor.
- Completion of dynamic scheduler tasks and lot tracking.
- Lead a cleanliness initiative in packaging to ensure the plant shows properly.
- Track waste from packing per shift utilizing FI Tools.
- Execute weekly touchpoints with packers.
- Works with HR to reduce packer turnover.
- Enhances FI principles in the packaging area to include 5S, SMED, etc...
- Manages the execution of daily equipment care processes.
- Any other duties as required by the Operations Manager.
Leads and Develops Team Members
- Coaches team members daily to meet operational goals.
- Leads the packaging room, emphasizing on both production and people.
- Communicates effectively with employees through both oral and written means
- Conducts employee training to improve employees' expertise and knowledge in equipment operations, work safety procedures, and teamwork, or assigns employee training to experienced workers.
- Set expectations & accountability for employees on individual performance standards in a timely and efficient manner
- Leads, directs, and delivers accountability with the following roles: PMO, Seasoner, Packer.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
Role Contribution Level
The position requires the incumbent to directly supervise employees; promote safe and efficient operations; and establish a positive work environment with people working together collaboratively. The incumbent must effectively shift from primarily directly overseeing task completion to primarily assigning tasks to others to be completed. He/she must value supervisory work, and demonstrate an ability to provide effective feedback, coaching, and motivation to employees, including difficult messages.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities; Education; and/or Work Experience Requirements:Education and Work Experience
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- High school or equivalent degree required; a two-year technical or bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a production management or supervision role, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Supply chain / procurement experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools (Total Production Maintenance, Centerlines, CIL's, Defect Handling, 5S, Quick Changeover)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!