Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Senior Analyst Regulatory AffairsLocation: Massillon, Ohio
The Senior Regulatory Analyst will execute regulatory assignments as directed by the Regulatory Supervisor and/or Manager. The Senior Regulatory Analyst will have demonstrated previous expertise in nutritional labeling, formulations, certifications, and other regulatory responsibilities. This position will lead by example to help professionally develop the other regulatory analysts. The Senior Regulatory Analyst will be responsible for identifying areas for improvement (process, accuracy, compliance) and potential solutions and developing effective business relationships with cross-functional partners. Your Seat at the Table
The Senior Regulatory Analyst is responsible for executing regulatory tasks, enhancing regulatory expertise, and delivering exemplary collaboration with other departments and functions. Escalation of issues to Regulatory Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure company maintains compliance to Food Labeling regulations.
Execute Regulatory Tasks
- Accurate and timely completion of nutrition fact panels and ingredient statements utilizing ESHA's Genesis software.
- Thorough and timely film compliance reviews in keeping with FDA and USDA regulations.
- Assist the Regulatory team to maintain specialized certifications, including but not limited to Kosher, Halal, nonGMO, Gluten Free, Organic, and Whole Grain Council. Includes defining and documenting programs and working with plant QA teams to ensure requirements are met.
- Respond to consumer inquires/complaints as assigned by the Regulatory Manager.
- Assist with International Regulatory Tasks. Includes such tasks as supporting 3rd. party consultants and supplying country specific documents as needed.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision. Able to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Assist the Regulatory Manager in maintaining departmental compliance with all legislative regulations and company policies
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regulatory Supervisor and/or Manager
Enhance Regulatory Expertise
- Train and provide support to Regulatory Specialists
- Work with supervisor and/or manager to develop their professional growth and development plan.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities (webinar, seminars, or workshops)
- Keep current with changing food regulations that impact Shearer's products
- Actively connect with other Regulatory team members to discuss alignment on regulatory reasoning and positions
- Contribute to regular team meetings to facilitate teamwork and collaboration
Deliver Cross Functional Collaboration
What You Bring to the Table:
- Build relationships across other functional partners to assure positive work place
- Effectively communicate regulatory reasoning and appropriate recommendations on regulatory positions to QA, Product Development, Sales, and other internal stakeholders
- Lead and participate in special projects and team meetings across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry or another related field is required.
- Previous 2-5 years' experience in FDA regulatory labeling compliance.
- Experience with ESHA - Genesis nutritional program software.
- Experience with HACCP and GFSI systems is preferred
- Experience with 3rd party certifications such as Organic, NGP, Gluten Free, Kosher, Halal
- Experience with CFIA is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Background in regulatory, quality, and/or research & development within the food & beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- This position operates in a normal office environment
- Must be able to travel as needed (normally less than 5% travel is required).
- This position operates in a normal office environment
Must be able to occasionally (less than 5%) work in a fast-paced manufacturing plant setting, which includes exposure to allergens, high temperatures, fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, and loud noise. We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.[Quality Assurance]#ZR