Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Maintenance SupervisorLocation: Fort Worth, TexasWork Schedule: Monday - Friday; 9PM - 7AM
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance and assigned projects within the plant. They are responsible to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of all manpower and other resources under their supervision. In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Maintenance Supervisor is charged with developing the group of plant mechanics into a well trained, committed and spirited "maintenance team."
This position is a Supervisory role. The position requires the incumbent to directly supervise employees; promote safe and efficient maintenance processes and procedures; and establish a positive work environment with people working together collaboratively. The incumbent must effectively shift from primarily directly overseeing task completion to primarily assigning tasks to others to be completed. He/she must value supervisory work, and demonstrate an ability to provide effective feedback, coaching, and motivation to employees, including difficult messagesYour seat at the table
Directs and monitors the activities of employees engaged in maintenance operations and procedures
- Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment supports a safe workplace through training, LOTO. hot work, confined space, and others
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work
- Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis.
- Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor & materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection.
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops plant technical team members
- Fill-in for the maintenance manager in his/her absence
- Inspects and monitors work areas, and examines tools and equipment
- Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts for emergency and urgent work.
- Inspects, tests, and measures completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs for emergency and urgent work.
- Investigates accidents or injuries and prepares reports of findings
- Computes estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors for emergency and urgent work.
Supervises, leads, and develops team members
What you bring to the table
- Determines schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel
- Provides employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
- Conducts or arranges for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use
- Monitors employees' work levels and review work performance to drive engagement and change initiatives
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- High school or equivalent degree required; a two-year technical or bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in maintenance supervision / Maintenance team lead
- Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
- Knowledge of maintenance project implementation
- Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of training and coaching individuals and groups
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
- Ability to manage team members in executing complex programs
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Strong business sense with excellent financial skills
- Self-reliant to find resources with entrepreneurial resourcefulness
- Excellent problem solving and situation assessment capability
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!