Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Sr. Human Resources Generalist Location: Corporate Support Center in Massillon, OH Hybrid work environment, Onsite Tuesday - Thursday Your seat at the table
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all employees; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Administers LOA programs, processes applicable paperwork and disability claims if needed.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Manage corporate ethical sourcing audit program, which includes the relationship with the 3rd party auditor, scheduling audits for the plants, and ensuring plants are completing pre-work for the audits
- Own relationship with corporate uniform vendor
- Facilitates training on HR related topics.
- Responds to the DOL pertaining to unemployment information requests.
- Assists on special projects as requested.
- Keeps abreast of changes in HR law to continue to maintain compliance.
What you bring to the table
- Drive an actively engaged culture through positive interactions with the hourly workforce.
- Communicate, interpret, and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site.
- Manage headcount and execute staffing strategy that supports the needs of the business.
- Work with Operations Leaders to develop effective new hire on boarding programs.
- Lead Retention and Rewards and Recognition Employee Involvement Teams.
- Oversee all corrective actions/discipline to assure compliance with Company policy and best practices regarding documentation.
- Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
- Assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the human element of our business.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor' degree preferred (not required) or 5 years on the job experience as a Human Resource Generalist.
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources work experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the company and/or site.
- Experience with HRIS systems, ADP preferably
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management and hourly workforce to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Strong project management and customer service skills
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to lead with empathy.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, results oriented environment.
- Ability to lead others.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!