You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Maintenance ElectricianBeginning of Week Nights 7:00PM - 7:00AM Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and every other Wednesday
$32.00 - $35.00/hour based on skill and chosen shiftYour seat at the best snacks table:
Maintain safe work practices at all times and participate in safety programs. Repair and/or replace all electrical devices including, but not limited to: breaker panels, motor starters, heaters, fuses, lights, AC drives, motors, electrical switches, etc. - all in accordance with state and federal codes, including company policies and procedures. Perform construction work such as running conduits, pulling wire, installing switches, breaker panels, etc. - as needed to supply power to plant electrical apparatus. Maintain a log (work sheet) of equipment repairs and problems. A list of electrical maintenance that needs to be done must also be kept. Assist all other maintenance personnel in the event of a major plant breakdown.
What you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
- Work and communicate in a professional manner with peers, supervisors, and subordinate personnel and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Perform work within OSHA requirements and properly use all hand tools while demonstrating proper operation of shop tools.
- Install conduit, pull wire, terminate wires, build electrical panels, assist with various construction projects, Trouble shoot equipment, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform safety checks on all maintenance equipment, work in a clean and sanitary manner per corporate GMP's
- Complete all company required maintenance documentation completely and in a timely manner.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
- Minimum of 4 years electrical experience or two year degree in related field
- Able to demonstrate intermediate electrical and trouble shooting skills and basic knowledge of specialized equipment - multi-meters, megger, infrared temperature indicator, airflow monitor, rpm/fpm indicator, PC, labeler, differential pressure transmitter, RTD/Thermocouple calibrator, air quality monitor, power supplies.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of PLC's and how to read and trouble shoot in various programming languages as well as knowledge of VFD's and how to troubleshoot and make program changes with various types on VFD's.
- Comprehensive knowledge of new equipment installation and rebuilds; including project leadership skills.
- Experienced in welding.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!