You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Wastewater Technician Night Shift$21.75/hour plus $1.00 Shift Differential7pm - 7am - 2,2,3 work schedule (every other weekend off)Your seat at the best snacks table:
The Wastewater Technician maintains the efficiency of machinery and equipment in a continuous improvement-based environment and safe work environment. Position is responsible for the ongoing management and maintenance of the wastewater process to meet both plant and environmental standards and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The Wastewater Process Technician position is accountable for the efficient operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment that includes but not limited to all wastewater management equipment and components.
- Perform ongoing sample collection, preparation and analytical laboratory testing
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on the system
- Adjust the system processes and equipment based upon system analysis and trends
- Maintain records, perform data entry, and provide detained standardized reporting
- Monitor and manage the system performance to assure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency
- Follow technical operating procedures and develop operational improvements
- Perform preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance work: troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness for all treatment facilities and equipment
- Complies with all safety and environmental regulations while maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Attend daily shift overlap meetings and weekly maintenance planning meetings as requested
Performs additional related duties as assigned.
Role Contribution Level
This position is a non-supervisory role.What you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Interpersonal skills
• Decision-making skills
• Time management skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
• Ability to manage priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to perform calibrations, installation and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.
• Ability to work a variable schedule
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
• Ability to perform mechanical work, valve replacement, conveyor bearing and chain replacement, motor/gearbox replacement, lube routes
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities•
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Close vision
• Distance vision
• Color vision
• Peripheral vision
• Depth perception
• Ability to adjust focus
The Wastewater Technician position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
• Exposure to high temperatures
• Fumes or airborne particles
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Loud noise levelWe offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now![Maintenance]