Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.IT Network Administrator - CanadaSummary:
Under limited supervision, performs network administration & planning for all aspects of IT-network infrastructure - to include network equipment, servers, and software applications. Brings in reliable, durable, and cost-effective solutions for all IT related needs.Job Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco network equipment.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, Cisco ISE, Routing Protocols).
- Designing and implementing network cabling infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA's.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes, leveraging technology such as QoS.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Manage & troubleshoot network connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellow IT team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Participate in and follow change management process for changes to the environment.
- Participate in 24x7 rotation to provide support for after-hours issues once in 5 weeks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a remote role but the incumbent must be available and willing to travel onsite at manufacturing plants in Canada and USA as and when required.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Network Administration
- Experience with ISE, DNAC, VXLAN, Cisco Wireless environments.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and upgrades.
- CCNA preferred but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical/Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines
- Strong documentation skills
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!