Meet Shearer's, Fort Worth's newest neighbor! We are excited to expand our business in one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the US! Adding great talent to our team starts NOW
!At Shearer's, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority. You already LOVE us
Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer's brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.comPackaging Machine Operator $24.36/hour We have openings on the following shiftsDay Shift: 7am-7pm 2,2,3 schedule and Night Shift 7pm-7am plus $1.00 an hour shift differential for the night shift.Your seat at the table
The Process / Packaging Technician provides safety, manufacturing and customer service-based leadership to achieve outstanding business results on a specific production system or process. As a member of the Shearers FTW manufacturing operations team, the Packaging Technician will set-up, run and change over complex packaging line equipment - scales (Ishida or TNA), labelers, case sealer, baggers, seasoners, ACPs, etc. All products manufactured must follow appropriate procedures in a clean and safe work environment and meet all GMP and other applicable regulations. The Process / Packaging Technician is the owner of the Centerline Process Daily Management System and responsible for the integrity of the area's data acquisition and reporting systems. The Process / Packaging Technician receives daily direction from the Line Lead and, along with the Line Lead Team, develops the Plan for the Day. The Process / Packaging Technician develops the Line Improvement Teams' technical capability and mastery of process control and data analysis.What you bring to the table
- Lead with "Safety First" Culture
- Demonstrate technical and business expertise on systems/products/technologies they are responsible for and provide input and suggestions for process improvements as well as for procedure writing and revision.
- Adjust/Repair scales and baggers components (formers, scale buckets, tumblers, check weighers, etc.)
- Generate WO and close out minor PMs using Maintenance Connection (CMMS).
- Perform packaging line / equipment operational tasks that include monitoring and documenting production and equipment performance, trouble-shooting operational problems, staging correct supplies at the packaging line, inspection of packaging, hand packing, etc.
- Complete, review, and in collaboration with Quality Assurance ensure written and electronic documentation is accurate and factual as required by policy, procedure and regulatory guidelines.
- Hold quality and reliability as high standards of production service and clearly communicates these standards to others.
- Assists or signs-off on process control strategies to enable technicians to respond to out of control situations
- Own the Centerline Process Management system for the area: lead process definition to identify centerline targets and document standards and coach team through centerline process execution and problem solving.
- Serve as a technical liaison for technicians as well as plant technical and management resources.
- Owns the integrity of the area's data acquisition and reporting systems
- Demonstrates technical ability to make the connection between raw data and actual manufacturing events and can make that data/process connection for others
- Ability to backfill any Improvement Team position as needed to cover for absence
- Actively participate in and occasionally lead the DO/Tier One meetings and capture daily line performance (metrics) data using LEDS (line event data) system.
- Drive total employee involvement in critical success areas by identifying, recording and solving defects
- Leads/support identification of root causes and addresses them using proper CI tools.
- Drive line improvements daily through advanced data analysis, prioritization of loss elimination opportunities, management of rate strategy and ownership of data integrity.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to team members.
Education and Work Experience
- 2+ years previous high-volume manufacturing environment
- The ability to function in a team-based continuous improvement environment
- Excellent scientific, analytical, and diagnostic aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Must have an electro-mechanical aptitude for understanding and maintaining system equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work safely in varying climate conditions
- Ability to manage time effectively and make calculated decisions
- Must be willing to work weekends as needed
The Packaging / Processing Technician position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Loud noise level
- Elevated Heights
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!