Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Scheduling Supervisor
The Scheduling Supervisor oversees, the Finite Scheduling team. The Finite Scheduling team develops production schedules to balance customer needs and plant operating capacity. The Scheduling Supervisor will work with the sales team, the plant production team, and the corporate supply chain planning teams to maintain optimal plant production schedules.Your seat at the table
What you bring to the table
- Manage a team of Finite Schedulers
- Ensure compliance to all Company and Department SOPs/Best Practices
- Be a point of escalation for plants
- Coach the team on the best way to ensure the highest service to our customers at the lowest total cost.
- Be able to Finite Schedule in an emergency situation.
- Help ensure the proper planning for the introduction and discontinuation of products
- Work collaboratively with other groups in order to execute projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the company
- Review and approve/reject plant's shutdown plans
- Define safety stock level that will deliver both the lowest holding cost with the highest service level
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Ability to lead people
- Broad Supply Chain/Operations Experience
- Excellent skills in creating and manipulating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Strong math and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong skills in other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and integrated operating environment
- Ability to work through problems backwards to identify root causes and address issues
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using an ERP/MRP system preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!