Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.Sanitation Manager
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want you! Our Sanitation Manager is accountable for leading the safe and efficient cleaning and sanitation of the food manufacturing equipment and the surrounding environment in accordance with all Company, Customer, Certification and Regulatory requirements. This position is responsible for establishing a local cleaning and sanitation program inclusive with goals and metrics, employee training & development, defined strategies, procedures, safety, risk management, continuous improvement plans, verification, and validation protocols. Reporting to the Plant Site Director, the Sanitation Manager collaborates with other areas of the operation and external vendors to implement the facility Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Chemical Programs, and daily operational cleaning. This position manages dedicated and, in some locations, voluntary sanitation personnel from all shifts of the operation. The role supports facility compliance and sanitation records verification. Your seat at the table
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and "counted at the table"
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
As a Sanitation Manager, your day will include
• Define the sanitation organization and responsibilities for the site.
• Establish employee goals and leadership development strategies.
• Conduct risk assessments and risk mitigation strategies.
• Ensure the policies and procedures are up to date and communicated to the organization.
• Train employees to build capability and knowledge in sanitation techniques, work safety procedures, IPM, and teamwork.
• Build a sustainable culture of safety within the organization.
• Develop sanitation goals and key performance metrics for continuous improvement and to align with key operational targets.
• Develop checklists and other forms to record effectiveness checks and key performance data.
• Develop operational (daily) cleaning schedules, MSS, and IPM schedules and monitor results of these programs.
• Plan, manage and modify sanitation personnel schedules, assignments, and cleaning sequences to meet performance standards and MSS requirements'
• Coach team members in the principles of effective wet and dry sanitation.What you bring to the table
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Four year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience in production management or supervision, in the food processing industry.
- Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs.
- Ability to work a varied schedule
- Active in review of projects for hygienic design and environmental risks.
- Lead the risk assessments in major construction projects in the plant.
- Active in the Plant Environmental Monitoring program, collaboratively monitoring the environment for pathogens and taking the necessary actions to prevent food contamination.
- Lead initiatives to be more efficient in water usage, chemical usage, unplanned downtime, and labor
- Collaborate with maintenance to develop and improve building and fabric conditions, equipment maintenance work, and reliability.
- Develop strategies for innovative cleaning solutions.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!