You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Manufacturing Material Handler7pm-7am 2,2,3 schedulePay Rate: $18.27/Hour plus $1.00 an hour Shift DifferentialYour seat at the Best Snacks Table
- Identify what changeovers you will have throughout your shift.
- Order boxes from the warehouse.
- Make sure you have the correct case labels and they match product specification.
- Check the expiration dates ensuring the expiration date is the same on both the bag and label.
- Verify customer specs at the beginning of the shift and for each changeover.
- Clear basic faults on automated case packer
- Communicate numbers to the following shift.
- Cleans the film area, keeps box maker running and refills boxes.
- Print off pallet tags when the skid is completed (not before).
- When tagging skids, scan the case label bar code off of the finished skid.
- Make sure the pallet tag is put on the correct skid.
- Keep track of the orders to avoid overruns.
- Communicate with the PMO and get ready for changeovers. Inspect to make sure skid, boxes, labels, and pallet configuration match customer specifications in MIP/Infinity.
What you bring to the Party
- Keep area free of foreign material (wood, box pieces, and film).
- Help packers whenever needed depending on specific shift responsibilities and notify supervisor.
- Drive for zero mistakes.
- Empty trash cans.
- Assist PMO with film changes if possible.
- Inspect bags for proper code dates per customer specification.
- Set up changeovers with all supplies (labels, boxes, tape machine, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Manufacturing experience/or warehouse experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, grasp and lift using arms and hands.
- Walk occasionally and ability to move freely through plant.
- Regularly lift/move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Use pallet jack to move heavy material or finished goods.
- Ability to use close, distance, and peripheral vision and adjust focus.
- Regular exposure to moving, mechanical parts.
- Regular exposure to noise levels that may require use of ear protection.
- Follow all Shearer's safety guidelines, GMPs, and food quality reflected in SQF
- Avoids injury and damage by practicing superior safety habits.
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in personal hygiene and in the work area.
- Ensure all potatoes are of Shearer's quality specifications.
- Reports any foreign objects in the potatoes.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
- Responsible to follow Shearer's Occupational Safety Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay OptionsYou will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Paid Time Off (PTO) is available after 90 days.This is your invitation to apply now!