Cycle Count - Warehouse OperatorPAY RATE - $23.00/hrMonday to Friday Shift time - 7.30am to 3.30pm Snack Food ManufacturingYou already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL
! Shearer's is THE
company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We are a family of 5,000+ associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in US and Canada that produce over 800 million pounds
of snacks per year. Your role with Shearers at a glance:
- Position Summary
We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with excellent attention to detail for the position of Cycle Count-Warehouse Operator. Warehouse Operators are responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient movement of goods as well as other duties described below. Cycle counting ensures the accuracy of the inventory records while production is running. This allows the company to keep producing and shipping while maintaining the integrity of the inventory file for planning and scheduling purposes and reporting on financial statements. Training will be provided for all skills as required.
- Responsible for servicing production with efficient delivery of raw materials/packaging and removal of scrap bins
- Handle finished goods and raw materials per all Food Safety, Food Quality and Plant procedures.
- Assist in returning unused "packaging materials" to the appropriate location. All materials MUST be stored in a clean and organized manner
- Follow FIFO at all times
- Prepare and stage finished goods/raw materials for next shift
- Complete operator maintenance requirements (example: prestart checklist, watering batteries, monitor battery charge, lock out) and recognize when tow motors are in need of repair
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of the Warehouse, Garbage Disposal room and Warehouse office.
- Participate in inventories on as required
- Must have the ability to retrieve and place stock in proper locations (push back racking) and update racking spreadsheet
- Must be able to dump bins from the lines to the waste area and record all the necessary scrap information in the computer system.
- Shrink wraps goods or otherwise secures them and prepares them for transport (automated and manual wrapper) and scan them into a storage location using Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Able to recognize and report product damage to QC
- Knowledge of on-site stock materials
- Familiar with production, warehouse, shipping and receiving procedures
- Counting materials on a scheduled cycle, comparing the counts to the on-hand balance in MAPICS
- Re-counting of material variances to ensure a balanced inventory
- Assist in the root cause analysis when inventory variances occur
- Find variance or missing materials based on the inventory counts
- Maintain daily bulk readings and communicating them daily
- Maintain pallet counts and communicating them weekly
- Control, and maintain rejected material as part of the inventory process
- Must be able to assist in the Shipping/Receiving Department as required.
- Must conduct physical inventory counts in the plant and warehouse on a daily basis as scheduled.
- Must be an integral part of the annual physical inventory process as required by Corporate.
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have good time management and organization skills
- Proficient in Warehouse Management system (WMS) as it pertains to scanning finished goods
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to follow written and verbal communication
- Must be proficient on a counterbalance tow motor and able to operate a tow motor with a slip sheet attachment
- Valid Fork lift license
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to understand and operate an RF scanner/Thor monitor and hand-held units on tow motor
- 2-3 Years of Experience in High Volume, Fast Paced Food or Beverage Manufacturing Preferred
Our Plant address is Shearers Foods, 745 Southgate Dr, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 3R3.Ready, Set, APPLY and grow your career with Shearers!