Warehouse OperatorPAY RATE - $23.00/hrMonday to Friday Shift time - 03.30pm to 11.30pm Snack Food ManufacturingYou already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL
! Shearer's is THE
company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We are a family of 5,000+ associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in US and Canada that produce over 800 million pounds
of snacks per year. Your role with Shearers at a glance:
Please note we have following allergens in our facility :
- Position Summary
We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with excellent attention to detail for the position of Warehouse Operator. Warehouse Operators are responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient movement of goods as well as other duties described below. Training will be provided for all skills as required.
- Responsible for servicing production with efficient delivery of raw materials/packaging and removal of scrap bins
- Handle finished goods and raw materials per all Food Safety, Food Quality and Plant procedures.
- Assist in returning unused "packaging materials" to the appropriate location. All materials MUST be stored in a clean and organized manner
- Follow FIFO at all times
- Prepare and stage finished goods/raw materials for next shift
- Complete operator maintenance requirements (example: prestart checklist, watering batteries, monitor battery charge, lock out) and recognize when tow motors are in need of repair
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of the Warehouse, Garbage Disposal room and Warehouse office.
- Participate in inventories on as required
- Must have the ability to retrieve and place stock in proper locations (push back racking) and update racking spreadsheet
- Must be able to dump bins from the lines to the waste area and record all the necessary scrap information in the computer system.
- Shrink wraps goods or otherwise secures them and prepares them for transport (automated and manual wrapper) and scan them into a storage location using Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Able to recognize and report product damage to QC
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have good time management and organization skills
- Proficient in Warehouse Management system (WMS) as it pertains to scanning finished goods
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to follow written and verbal communication
- Must be proficient on a counterbalance tow motor and able to operate a tow motor with a slip sheet attachment
- Valid Forklift license
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to understand and operate an RF scanner/Thor monitor and hand-held units on tow motor
Peanuts, Wheat, Whey, Dairy and Soya
Our Plant address is Shearers Foods, 745 Southgate Dr, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 3R3.Ready, Set, APPLY and grow your career with Shearers!