Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.Procurement AnalystLocation: Massillon, Ohio Hybrid Work Schedule, Onsite: Tuesday - ThursdaySummary
Manufacturing organization is seeking an Analyst that will be responsible for providing support of sourcing projects, and supplier management within the procurement organization.Your Seat at the Table
What You Bring to the Table
- Contribute to the development of improved strategic sourcing strategies.
- Leverage the organization's buying power to optimize costs, access new suppliers, reduce lead times, and guarantee supply.
- Collect and evaluate information about potential suppliers.
- Provide supply market and sourcing advice and recommendations.
- Provides research and input into the financial sourcing aspects of contracts and calls for tender when information is not readily available.
- Maintain knowledge on various market trends and recommend sourcing strategies for market.
- Administer all performance metrics such as delivery time and price variance.
- Assistance with Request for Quotes, Bid Analysis, Volume Tracking for Rebates and against contracts
- Supports purchasing/sourcing management in activities such as price benchmarking, vendor management, process analysis, market and industry research, and model building
- Develop, implement and use tools and technology for managing and analyzing the supplier portfolio
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- BS Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of procurement experience is preferred.
- 1 year data analysis experience.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in buying and selling.
- Proven capability in technical and fundamental analysis
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office software skills.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt well to change.
- Strong attention to detail.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!