Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.SR. MAINTENANCE MANAGER
The Sr. Maintenance Manager oversees the work management process in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment. Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Implements technical best practices and precision maintenance standards. Manages department budget, maintenance spend and MRO storeroom. Direct reports are the Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, Storeroom Clerk, and the MRO Purchaser. Works with the leadership team to achieve productivity goals, identify continuous improvement opportunities, and implement capital projects.Your Seat at the Table:
Establishes, implements, and coordinates maintenance processes
• Develops and implements a long range strategic improvement maintenance plan
• Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, and other performance indicators outlined by the Work Management Process..
• Oversees all contract / outsourced maintenance.
• Initiates, implements, and manages the maintenance program based on the Work Management Process with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Manages department spending and performance,
• Initiates programs and procedures to reduce spending and enhance performance
• Participates in setting up the yearly maintenance budget.
• Ensures Maintenance Supervisor responds to all emergency and urgent work.
• Investigates and helps introduce new technology into the facility
• Ensures plant equipment critical spares are maintained at minimum levels and manages purchase order backlog.
Improves maintenance processes
• Implement programs for loss analysis to develop improvement plans, root cause analysis, and error proofing
• Performs problem analysis and develops conceptual ideas into working units for resolution
• Determines skill gaps within the department and defines training to bridge the gaps
• Participates in objective setting; plans development and reviews plant performance
• Prepares reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance related problems.
Maintains a safe work environment
• Plans, develops, and implements maintenance safety and security programs and activities
• Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment support a safe workplace by enforcing safety and sanitation rules and principles
• Communicates policies and ensures employees create a safe, productive and pleasant working environment
Leads and Develops Team Members
• Leads the team through an emphasis on both process and people
• Communicates effectively with employees through both oral and written means
• Interviews and selects maintenance supervisory personnel
• Conducts employee training to improve employees' expertise and knowledge in equipment maintenance, work safety procedures, and teamwork.
• Assigns employee training to experienced workers as necessary
• Provides feedback to employees on individual performance standards relating to the department KPI's in a timely and efficient manner
• Provides training to employees or ensures that all employees are adequately trained and engaged in developmental activities
• Tracks employees' attendance records and make sure they follow the corporate standardsWhat you Bring to the Table:
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Maintenance Manager in a manufacturing and/or plant environment
- Preferred Project Management Experience
- Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
- Knowledge of maintenance project implementation
- Knowledge of planning and work order based systems
- Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of training and coaching individuals and groups
- Knowledge of Corrective actions formats and problem analysis skills
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement concepts
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the maintenance operation
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
- Ability to manage team members in executing complex programs
- Ability to work a variable schedule
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!