Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.Senior Corporate Accountant Summary
As a Senior Corporate Accountant at Shearer's, you will be responsible for a variety of accounting tasks to include accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, data analysis, financial reporting, inventory processes, and fixed asset accounting,Your seat at the table
What you bring to the table
- Perform and/or support various accounting duties such as month-end close, accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, data analysis, financial reporting, brokerage commissions, and other tasks as assigned.
- Support external financial and lender compliance audits by gathering data, preparing and/or reviewing work papers and schedules, and participating in on-site inventory observations.
- Assist with quarterly financial forecasts and annual budget processes.
- Review the work of other accountants for accuracy as assigned.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency to complete assigned duties timely and accurately.
- Remain positive and productive as circumstances, assignments or priorities change while also juggling multiple demands.
- Communicate appropriate information clearly and effectively to other team members, departments, and external parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and take ownership of areas of responsibility, complete non-standard requests or projects independently, and identify, investigate and resolve issues independently.
- Function efficiently in a team environment, working independently as well as alongside others to accomplish tasks.
- Apply learnings from past experiences, coaching, and feedback to grow and develop.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Public Accounting is preferred.
- CPA or pursuit of certification is a plus.
- Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.