You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking...how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!Raw Materials InspectorShift: 7pm-7am 2,2,3 schedule Pay Rate: $17.50/HR plus $1.00 an hour shift differentialYour seat at the best snacks table
What you bring to the table
- Inspect potatoes for defects and/or foreign matter and ensure all potatoes are of Shearer's quality specifications.
- Monitor potatoes for safety and sanitation regulation compliance, for further processing and report any foreign objects in the potatoes or concerns to shift supervisor and/or management immediately.
- Monitor process flow to ensure potato are feeding into kettles properly.
- Replace empty skids with full crates of potatoes using forklift operations.
- Communicates with the Supervisor when any discrepancies are found. (i.e. cleanliness, safety concerns, or security concerns)
- Must have good communication skills; able to understand, write and speak Basic English.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow written instructions and materials
- Must be able to read and write clear, legibly and effectively
- Must be able to effectively move around a manufacturing plant which includes but it's not limited to stairs and platforms.
- Must be able to follow all safety policies and procedures including the use of safety equipment.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of US currency and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
General Housekeeping and Safety Responsibilities:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Maintain area in accordance with AIB and HACCP standards
- Ability to follow safety policies and standard work procedures
- Practice and adhere to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection
- Keep work area clean; aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor.
- Follow instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights of objects.
- Perform sanitation assignments and shutdown cleanup duties as scheduled.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by shift leader.
- Long hours of standing and walking; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; product.
- Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. Paid Time Off (PTO) is available after 90 days.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now![Production]