Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.Load PlannerAfternoon Shift 3:00pm-11:00 pmFriday - Tuesday
The Load Planner must help facilitate movement of product within the warehouse and maintain constant communication with all respective sites and their manager. They must accomplish this in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Shearer's policies and procedures.
Please note that the following list is not exhaustive as duties and responsibilities are reviewed and revised at management's discretion.
What you bring to the Party:
- Ensure good communication between warehouse team at respective sites, inventory team (as needed), operators and floor supervisors.
- Communicate with outside drivers via phone or system to resolve issues or door assignments.
- Troubleshoot locations with errors.
- Prioritize loads to ensure every truck leaves each facility with product in a timely manner.
- Ensure paperwork is signed and load is closed out when truck is fully loaded.
- Ensure trucks are sealed when load is complete on all outbound loads before leaving the facility.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Strong communication and leadership skills via verbal and written communication.
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines.
- Detailed oriented individual with experience analyzing numbers quickly and responding decisively.
- Strong team player with history of partnering with transportation, sales, customer service and the customer.
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Flexible to work various shifts including possible weekend hours as needed to meet business needs.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!