Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.Sr. Operations Manager Location: Millennium Plant in Massillon, Ohio
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want you! Our Sr. Operation Managers produce results through others and help make our facilities run efficiently, supporting our teams to be their best and in producing the highest quality product. As Sr. Operations Manager, you'll be adept at developing strategies, setting and accomplishing objectives and producing results through others. You'll be able to provide feedback, coaching and motivation to team members.Your seat at the table
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth.
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support.
- Have immediate impact in your role.
- Be heard and "counted at the table."
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods.
As a part of our plant leadership team, your day will include:
What you bring to the table
- Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
- Evaluating and improving work processes
- Mastering workflow that involves specialized state-of-the-art equipment.
- Managing and improving productivity
- Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
- Four-year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- 8+ years of experience in production management or supervision, in the food processing industry.
- Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This is your invitation to apply now!